Terms and Conditions of Warranty
(In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.)
1. The product is warranted for 1 year from the delivery date of invoice, the warranty set out in these terms and conditions will apply.
2. The original invoice for the Product must be presented when making any claim under this warranty.
3. Provisions for Specific Products
3.1 Kyocera Printer or Kyocera Multifunction Printer with one year “carry-in” warranty service. You may request “carry-in” warranty services at the address in Hong Kong. Service hours for addresses in Hong Kong are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday (except Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays).
3.2 For “On-site” service, Kyocera will charge you inspection fee includes round trip delivery charge, and will be deducted from the repair service charge. Without prejudice to the aforesaid, Kyocera Hong Kong reserves its right to charge for repair service at any reasonable and appropriate time to be decided by Kyocera Hong Kong.
4. During the Warranty Period and provided that the Product was used under normal conditions, you will be entitled to the repair service of the Product and replacement of parts (the “Repair Work”) free of charge arising from defects in the materials and workmanship of the Product (fair wear and tear excepted), save as the following circumstances in which KYOCERA HONG KONG shall exercise its sole and absolute discretion to determine and KYOCERA HONG KONG’s decision shall be final, whether to charge a service fee for the Repair Works or not to carry out the Repair Work:
4.1 Where valid related invoice are not presented (save and except where it can be proved that the free Warranty Period has not expired);
4.2 Where damage was caused by a Product which is altered from the Product structure or specification as stated in the package and user manual;
4.3 Where damage was caused by the use of parts / accessories not produced by Kyocera;
4.4 Where the Product was not used, repaired or maintained in accordance with the user manual (damage caused by using the Product not within the controlled environment including but not limited to expiry of specificated rating, abnormal changes or inappropriate voltage, current, electromagnetic and public circuit etc.);
4.5 Where damage was caused by accidental damage (including but not limited to shock, impact, dropping, water damage or sand damage);
4.6 Where damage was caused by repair, transformation, decomposition, or cleaning carried out by technician from KYOCERA HONG KONG or an agent not authorized by KYOCERA HONG KONG or by the customer himself / herself;
4.7 Where the date of sale, product model or product serial number on Invoice has been altered;
4.8 Where the model or serial number of the Product recorded on the Invoice is different from that recorded on the Product;
4.9 Where non-Kyocera consumables (toner cartridges, waste toner cartridges, drum cartridges, etc.) were used on the Product (whether or not damage was caused by such use);
4.10 Where damage was caused by using pirated software;
4.11 Where damage was caused by virus infection during usage;
4.12 Where damage was caused by force majeure;
4.13 The damage is caused by your negligence and misuse of the Product or incurred during transportation of the Product not carried out by KYOCERA HONG KONG;
4.14 The Product is not supplied by KYOCERA HONG KONG or its authorized dealers;
4.15 The productions of the Product, its accessories and spare parts have been discontinued.
5. This warranty does not cover accessories of this Product or consumables. This warranty does not cover the followings:
5.1 All consumables, accessories and optional items such as, but not limited to toner cartridges, drum cartridges, waste toner cartridges, connection cables, battery, charger, bulb / lamp, memory card, external casing and battery cover. (Kyocera Hong Kong reserves the right to amend the list of consumables, accessories and optional items without prior notice);
5.2 Software, firmware, driver compact disc, user manual and the related installation;
5.3 Dead pixels on display panels that below the limits on Kyocera specifications;
5.4 Replacement of image sensor (except defects arising from production);
5.5 Product and image sensor cleaning; and
5.6 LCD protector affixed to the Product.
6. This warranty shall be automatically cancelled if the Product or any part(s) thereof are modified, tampered with, altered, converted or repaired in anyway by anybody other than the staff of Kyocera Hong Kong. Kyocera Hong Kong’s decision to cancel this warranty shall be final.
7. Kyocera may reset the Product’s settings to factory default setting in the course of inspection/repair/parts replacement without prior notice to you. Any replaced damaged/defective parts shall be Kyocera’s property and non-returnable.
8. If the Product is unable to repair or the model has been discontinued or is otherwise unavailable, Kyocera may at its sole and absolute discretion to replace the Product by similar model.
9.1 Notwithstanding anything herein contained, Kyocera Hong Kong shall not be liable to the user or any third party whatsoever for any damage, loss, liability (save and except for any personal injuries or death) or failure to provide maintenance services under this warranty in respect of any act, omission or negligence of any technician, employee or independent contractor of Kyocera Hong Kong relating to the performance or purported performance of any obligations under this warranty.
9.2 You shall bear the risk and be responsible for all damage, injury or loss (including consequential loss, loss of profit, injury or damage) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the service, delivery, or use of the Product.
9.3 The maximum liability of Kyocera Hong Kong under this warranty shall be restricted to the replacement value of the Product.
10. This warranty shall not extend to anyone other than the original purchaser of the Product. Kyocera Hong Kong shall be entitled to transfer or assign all its rights and obligations under the warranty to any company in Hong Kong which is associated with Kyocera Hong Kong.
11. Unless the warranty services for the Product include on-site repair or Free On-site Pickup and Delivery Service under Clause 6, the warranty services under this warranty will only be performed if the Product is picked up / delivered to our designated service centers. Additional charges may apply for on-site repair or Free On-site Pickup and Delivery Service in remote area. Please click here for details.
12. Kyocera Hong Kong shall not be responsible or liable for any insurance coverage in relation to the Product.
13. The terms and conditions of the warranty for Products purchased in Hong Kong is renewable upon expiration subject to payment of a fee determined by Kyocera Hong Kong (including the free basic product warranty). The terms and conditions of any warranty are subject to change by Kyocera Hong Kong without prior notice.
14. Kyocera Hong Kong reserves the right to amend or cancel any of the above terms and conditions of Warranty without prior notice.
15. Kyocera Hong Kong reserves the right to terminate the warranty in the event of any uncertainty or doubt as to the applicability of these terms and conditions.
16. In case of any dispute, Kyocera Hong Kong reserves the right to make the final decision.
17. This warranty shall be construed and governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Anyone who is not the owner of the Product, shall not have any right to enforce any Terms and Conditions of Warranty.